May apply directly. University endorsement is not required.
Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The selection criteria are:
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate program at Cambridge for which they are applying
While at Cambridge, Scholars pursue full range of subjects available at the University and are spread through its departments and Colleges. The aim of the Gates Cambridge program is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
See the How to Apply section of the Gates Cambridge website.
UAA Comparison Guide – UK-Ireland Scholarships
Previous Gates Cambridge Scholars
UK-Ireland Info. Session Webinar May 20, 2021
UK-Ireland Info. Session Webinar May 12, 2021
UK-Ireland Info. Session Webinar June 17, 2020