June 29, 2020
The Bascom Hill Society, the major donor honor organization of the University of Wisconsin Foundation, offers a full one-year scholarship to a student with financial need who combines academic excellence with demonstrated leadership ability and outstanding service to the university or their community. The scholarship covers full tuition (in- or out-of-state), fees, books, and room and board for one year of undergraduate study at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. One scholarship is awarded per year.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Plan to enroll full-time as an undergraduate during the 2020-21 academic year; (students who plan to study abroad are eligible to apply)
- Plan to graduate between May 2021 and May 2022
- Qualify for need-based financial aid (grants or subsidized loans) and have at least $1,000 of unmet financial need for Wisconsin and Minnesota residents, or at least $5,000 of unmet financial need for out-of-state students*
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing to apply
* To determine your eligibility, you must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Outstanding record of campus or community service
- Demonstrated leadership capacity
- Academic ability and achievement
Unmet financial need: During the review process, preference is given to candidates for whom the awarding of the scholarship would significantly increase the likelihood and ability to pursue impactful service and leadership experiences.
Log on to Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH). After logging-in and filling out a general application, you will be presented with a list of applications for scholarships for which you are eligible. If you do not see the Bascom Hill Society application on your list, and you believe you meet the eligibility requirements, please contact the UAA Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 265-2428).
A selection committee comprised of representatives from the UW Foundation and UW–Madison faculty and staff will review applications. Results will be announced in July.
CONDITIONS OF AWARD
The scholarship recipient is expected to attend the Bascom Hill Society Fall Event in October, and the award recipient’s name and credentials may be used in UW Foundation and University materials. The Bascom Hill Society scholarship may be used in conjunction with other awards, but funds may only be applied toward tuition, fees, books, and room and board.